Utah Valley University is a student centered teaching institution dedicated to building communities of engaged learners. UVU is located in Orem, Utah with satellite campuses in Wasatch County, and at the Provo Airport.
Summary of Duties: Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Web & Interactive Design and the Creative Director or University Marketing, assist in designing and creating UVU web sites for the university administration, departments, and programs.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Help maintain the UVU brand.
- Contribute to the production of the online alumni magazine and other University Marketing materials.
- Help maintain the university web site and alll supplemental sites associated with uvu.edu.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate's degree in web design plus three years of full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of post high school education and/or full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties totaling five years. Part-time experience is prorated.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (1) Knowledge of web design and the creative process.
(2) Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
(3) Skill in the use of computers and related software applications including, PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects, WISYWIG, CMS, and publishing platforms on a Mac and PC platform.
(4) Interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
(5) Ability to create quality web sites and UX/UI design.
(6) Ability to produce professional illustrations by hand and on the computer.
(7) Ability to use motion graphic software and examples of motion graphics.
(8) Ability to develop, maintain, and archive files and records.
(9) Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.