Utah Valley University is a student centered teaching institution dedicated to building communities of engaged learners. UVU is located in Orem, Utah with satellite campuses in Wasatch County, and at the Provo Airport.
Summary of Duties: Under executive supervision, the Associate Vice President - Director of Athletics will plan, administer, and direct all athletic programs for men and women.
Essential Functions, Major Dutieis, and/or Accountabilities:
1. Lead the UVU Athletics program through a progressive philosophy, vision, and comprehensive strategic plan that fully realizes a dynamic and successful intercollegiate athletic program.
2. Plan and successfully achieve strategies for enhanced fundraising, generating additional revenues and resources in a manner that results in a high level of public and private support for UVU Athletics.
3. Consistently represent UVU Athletics in a highly professional manner as a community ambassador to a wide range of internal and external constituencies; motivate coaches and other administrators to do the same.
4. Maintain an organization structure and staffing to effectively accomplish UVU Athletic goals and objectives; oversee recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of staff.
5. Responsibly administer annual budgets for UVU Athletics and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses; monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness and effect changes required for improvement.
6. Ensure that all student-athletes are experiencing success academically and that students and staff are integrated in general university activities and complying with institutional policies as appropriate.
7. Ensure compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
8. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited institution with a master degree in a related field and six years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities; OR bachelor degree in a related field and eight years experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge:
- Rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics.
- Fundraising and resource development strategies.
- Public relations and management principles and practices.
- Financial/business analysis techniques.
- Recruiting practices and hiring policies and procedures.
- Facilities and asset management methods and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Program planning, examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures at an institute of higher education.
- Organizing resources, establishing priorities, and assessment outcomes.
- Budget preparation and sound fiscal management.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Foster a cooperative work environment.
- Develop and deliver highly professional presentations.
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.