Utah Valley University is a student centered teaching institution dedicated to building communities of engaged learners. UVU is located in Orem, Utah with satellite campuses in Wasatch County, and at the Provo Airport.
Summary of Duties: Assist the Dean in all aspects of the administration of the School of Arts with specific duties related to operational aspects of the policy administration, faculty development, hiring, accreditation, and strategic planning. Acts on behalf of the Dean in the Dean's absence on matters related to the School of the Arts and its programs.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited institution with an earned terminal degree plus progressive leadership and managerial experience and a record of continuous scholarship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: - Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of leadership, supervision and personal practices.
- Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, scheduling work assignments, and yearly performance evaluations.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.