UniversityNow is a social venture based in San Francisco, CA, whose mission is to ensure that a quality higher education is available to people everywhere. We are the parent company of two universities:
- Patten University
- New Charter University
Our schools offer rigorous, flexible and accredited academic programs, available on our brand new online learning platform and on-campus at Patten University in Oakland, CA.
The mission of UniversityNow is to help ensure that affordable, high quality post-secondary education is available to people everywhere. To accomplish this, we are building a network of the most affordable and accessible accredited universities in the world, starting with the launch of New Charter University.
Our vision is a world in which no one is deprived of access to quality education — a world in which students can obtain recognized college degrees that improve their futures, without taking on the burden of student debt.
This includes employing:
- Technology-assisted learning environments focused on efficiency and student success;
- Peer-to-peer learning communities where students share their knowledge and skills, and help each other obtain recognized degrees and credentials;
- Pedagogical models where the faculty serves as mentors and coaches as well as subject matter experts;
- Evaluation systems that measure student achievement on whether students meet standards that are rigorous, clearly articulated and recognized; and
- Tuition models that are significantly more affordable.
New Charter University was founded by educators, entrepreneurs, and technologists who are deeply committed to providing everyone with the opportunity to improve his or her life through education. Our mission is to leverage advances in innovative technologies and teaching methods to provide affordable, accessible, and high-quality distance education programs so students can attain recognized degrees and credentials that advance their careers and improve their lives.
At Patten University, we believe that everyone should be able to get a quality college education. We are committed to making higher education accessible and affordable to all, no matter their age, location, ethnicity or financial situation. Since 1944, Patten University has earned a reputation for carefully mentoring students and making a difference in our community. Today we have expanded our reach through online education while maintaining our commitment to enriching the world and giving students close personal attention.