Position Title: Clinical Education Associate
Reports To: Team Supervisor or Clinical Education Manager
Department: Clinical Education
Job Classification: Non-exempt
Performs administrative duties that support the Clinical Education Department’s goal of promoting a successful clinical education experience; ensuring the student’s successful and timely selection and completion of fieldwork that leads to transition from classroom to commencement.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Identifies and maintains unique clinic site requirements for student placements; notifies management of requirements changes.
• Attends classroom meetings to explain and/or distribute pertinent materials to students; responds to student questions.
• Prepares and provides confirmation letters and fieldwork student and supervisor packets to students to obtain required documents and authorizations.
• Identifies students who have met all prerequisites and are prepared to go on fieldwork.
• Tracks receipt of required documents; obtains and verifies all required documents and completed paperwork, i.e. medical records, CPR certifications, etc. (required by University and site specific) prior to student placement at site.
• Uses Acadaware database to track student medical records and evaluation forms for accreditation reporting; place hard copies in student files.
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with affiliate site personnel to facilitate student placement; maintains contact with sites to obtain information on fieldwork opportunities.
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC); monitors students’ activities and progress during fieldwork as needed; primarily tracking required paperwork and requests from the students, Fieldwork Supervisors (FWS) and AFWC;
• Contacts (via phone, fax or email) clinical affiliates to determine availability for accepting students for fieldwork assignments; negotiates with site to secure slot for student placement.
• Monitors student to clinical site assignments in Acadaware; downloads data on each class Excel spreadsheet to track progress and completion.
• Communicates, coordinates and confirms site placement with student via email and follow-up telephone calls as needed.
• Provides affiliate site with appropriate documents, records and release forms.
• Maintains accurate and confidential student clinical education paper files in accordance with University, FERPA and healthcare requirements.
• Tracks and reports accurate student attendance during all fieldwork experiences; ensures assignments are completed as determined. Provides the supporting documentation to the AFWC.
• Responds to student and site affiliate inquiries and questions; answers problems and concerns in a courteous, accurate and timely manner; escalates inquiries as necessary.
• Responsible for obtaining end of fieldwork evaluations and surveys from FWS and student.
• Performs duties in support of University’s core values;
No supervisory responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
• Previous administrative / customer service experience required (preferably in an educational institution).
• Minimum of six months’ experience in Clinical Education department at the University of St. Augustine.
• Ability and willingness to speak to an audience.
• Experience with Acadaware database management.
• Strong interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work accurately and coordinate and accomplish a variety of tasks.
• Exhibit patience and positive attitude in performing duties.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators and faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies.
• Familiarity with the needs of students and a diverse student population.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, intermediate Excel)
• Valid driver’s license for state of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by state
• Ability to travel within the United States as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
Communicates accurate, up-to-date information to all levels; Expresses thoughts clearly; Listens well.
Actively seeks opportunities to make contributions vs. passively accepting situations. Goes above expectations to achieve goals.
Conscientious, responsible and reliable with respect to work completion schedules, as well as attendance. Demonstrates ability to adjust to changing job requirements and/or volume of work.
Establishes productive, cooperative relationships with all levels of organization. Understands and responds to others’ needs and priorities.
Establishes a course of action for self and others to accomplish goals. Demonstrates ability to manage time and priorities.
Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
Trustworthy with unyielding integrity.
Position may require local driving affiliate sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.