A leader in academe, the University of South Carolina holds the Carnegie Foundation's highest research designation and is known for its pioneering First-Year Student Experience. Campus settings include the coast, mountains and capital city.
Job Description The Program Manager provides leadership, vision and supervision for the student involvement, leadership and community service initiatives for the Division of Student Affairs. These programs involve a wide range of on and off-campus audiences and are intended to develop responsible campus and community leaders through the use of leadership education and applied practice. The Program Manager is responsible for the operational management of polices, budgets and assessment documents for the units and daily supervision of staff in executing programs and services.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operationally managing and coordinating the creative development and implementation of departmental programs including but not limited to student involvement, leadership development and recognition programs, women's student services, workplace leadership initiatives and community service learning.
- Supervising and supporting professional staff, graduate and undergraduate students in delivering programs and services to members of the university community.
- Providing leadership for the development and implementation of a multifaceted lecture series program to include topic research and selection, contract negotiation, financing, production and assessment.
- Providing leadership training and development for designated students and student organizations including developing individual students through personalized leadership coaching sessions.
- Preparing, administering and supervising budgets from a variety of funding sources including activity fees, generated income, scholarships and private funds.
- Preparing departmental reports and assessment data for strategic and long term planning. Minimum Qualifications Master's degree in Student Personnel Services or a related field and 5 years related experience, or a bachelor's degree and 7 years related experience. Preferred Qualifications