A leader in academe, the University of South Carolina holds the Carnegie Foundation's highest research designation and is known for its pioneering First-Year Student Experience. Campus settings include the coast, mountains and capital city.
Job Description Provide executive direction and management for the USC Ronald E. McNair Aerospace Innovation and Research Center (USC McNAIR). Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree. MBA or equivalent degree from accredited college or university preferred.
Integrity, creativity, intellectual curiosity, high standards, persistence, cooperativeness, and an achievement orientation.
At least five or more years of management, business development, and relationship building experience in the aerospace industry as:
* Active duty, reserve or retired military
* A federal civil servant in the aviation area or with oversight of federal aviation projects
* A defense contractor in aviation or aerospace
* A major aerospace corporation executive Preferred Qualifications A broad, but in-depth understanding of the aerospace industry, including principal firms, suppliers, related government agencies, and the significance and role of industry-impacting academic institutions.
Current knowledge of
* scientific/technical issues affecting the aerospace industry and the ability to work with technical and scientific personnel
* the aerospace industry with known industry and federal and state government contacts
Demonstrated ability to:
* research and analyze statistics
* set and execute goals using realistic scheduling and "hard" deadlines
* develop, prepare, and amend a five-year marketing/business development plan to stay current with changing trends and the economy
* prepare a detailed advertising and public relations plan drawn from the marketing plan
Demonstrated business development skills with tractable and substantiated ROI (Return On Investment) involving government aviation/aerospace agencies and related civilian defense contractors and aviation/aerospace businesses