Program Assistant V: Corporate and Foundation Relations
University of San Francisco
Department: Corporate/Foundation Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
Provides administrative support to the Associate Vice President and Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
• Independently plans, prioritizes and organizes workload for the office of the Associate Vice President for Corporate & Foundation Relations including administratively supporting the Corporate & Foundation Relations Officer and the Director of Corporate Relations.
• Establishes and maintains regular contacts with top level University officials, trustees, faculty, key volunteers and major institutional donors on behalf of the Associate Vice President regarding University development.
• Will independently respond to top level University official, trustees, faculty, key volunteers, and major institutional donors and answer questions as needed.
• Provides administrative support services for the Corporate & Foundation Relations team by identifying and resolving problems and situations that affect the efficient flow of work.
• Serves as primary research resource for Corporate & Foundation Relations, preparing prospect research, detailed research profiles and briefings for institutional donor meetings.
• Creates and/or edits proposals, reports and supporting documentation. Works with word processing and graphics software to create high-end proposals and presentations.
• Prepares important documents for university or outside organizations’ use and is responsible for processes affecting other areas of the university (i.e. on-line input of payroll data information, electronic timecards, etc.).
• Supports scheduling visits and meetings with prospects, donors and volunteers; coordinates with Associate Vice President and other faculty and staff as appropriate.
• Supports as needed on correspondence for the President of the University, Associate Vice President and Corporate & Foundation Relations team.
• Resolves problems independently. Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects; including planning and coordinating events, disseminating information, coordinating mailings and creating brochures.
• Promotes departmental services internally and externally.
• May supervise student workers.
• Supports as needed for travel arrangements for Associate Vice President and the Corporate and Foundation Relations team.
• Supports as needed at Corporate and Foundation Relations events.
• Will service as the office coordinator and on behalf of the manager in his/her absence.
• Sets up, maintains and revises electronic files as appropriate for specified areas of responsibility.
• Handles sensitive confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Post high school education preferred
• Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education
• Demonstrates strengths in the areas of service and team skills; including evidence of ability to work independently and in close conjunction with others
• Demonstrates ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines accurately under pressure and to prioritize tasks related to same
• Experience dealing with a variety of people in a professional manner
• Experience in donor research tools and reporting.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent word processing, graphics and proofreading skills; including grammar, spelling and oral communication skills
• Extensive experience of computer systems and skills including Microsoft Office Suite, graphics programs, and donor database.
• Knowledge of office record keeping systems
• Willing and able on occasion to perform duties evenings and weekends
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential matters
• Willingness to work in a Jesuit Catholic environment
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.