For full position profile, please click here.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management will lead the University of Saint Joseph’s recruitment, admissions, and enrollment program; build and implement a comprehensive admissions, financial aid, and retention strategy that consistently achieves enrollment goals for undergraduate and graduate students; and play a key role in developing integrated marketing and admissions plans that advance the University’s mission and goals.
Office of Enrollment Management
The Office of Enrollment Management encompasses the areas of Admissions, Financial Aid, and Marketing, Media & Communications. The Vice President for Enrollment Management provides direct leadership to the Director of Admissions, Director of Financial Aid, and the Associate Vice President for Marketing, Media and Communications, as well as to other administrators, staff, and faculty eager to achieve enrollment goals.
In addition to the director, the Office of Admissions currently has an associate director, an information technology specialist and six counselors, all of whom are exempt. It also has two non-exempt support positions and three graduate assistants. The Student Financial Services area (Financial Aid) has three exempt employees in addition to the director – two assistant directors and an office coordinator. The area of Marketing, Media and Communications includes an associate vice president, as well as a staff of six.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management reports directly to the President and is a member of the President’s Cabinet. The vice president also sits on the University’s Marketing Committee, along with the President and the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, and supports the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees
Gary Sherman, the previous Vice President for Enrollment Management, departed USJ in October of this year to assume the same position at Saint Mary’s College of Maryland. Currently, there is an external interim serving until the new vice president assumes office.
Major opportunities for the next Vice President for Enrollment Management include:
- Developing an emerging Enrollment Management division, which builds on current programs in admissions and financial aid;
- Providing leadership to assist in bridging traditional recruitment approaches with best practices and current demands to enroll new, transfer, and continuing students; balancing the financial needs of students with institutional resources;
- Enhancing the recruitment efforts for both graduate and professional programs, traditional and non-traditional students; matching enrollment goals to these program strengths and institutional capacities;
- Expanding the geographical recruitment of students;
- Working collaboratively with student services, athletics, and academic leadership in recruitment and retention efforts; identifying strengths in all areas that will attract students;
- Establishing international outreach programs to attract students from abroad;
- Producing a communication flow (in collaboration with the Office of Marketing, Media and Communications) that addresses concerns of students and families of those potential and enrolled students in women’s programs, as well as in the coeducational adult, graduate, and professional programs;
- Collaborating in the development of a system to coordinate the delivery of enrollment management services to all students; considering a “one stop shopping” model;
- Becoming a transparent model for open communication among all constituents.
The position requires a leader who possesses integrity, strategic vision, outstanding communication skills, marketing knowledge, excellent management skills (both people and resources), and an understanding of state-of-the-art approaches to enrollment management and program marketing.
The ideal candidate will be committed to the University’s mission, a decision-maker, energetic, entrepreneurial and collaborative, with substantial experience in admissions, enrollment management, financial aid, and marketing, as well as knowledge of best practices in higher education.
In addition, the President and USJ community seek a Vice President for Enrollment Management who possesses:
- A Masters degree or higher with at least five years of progressively-responsible experience in higher education admissions, enrollment strategies, market research, financial aid, and student information systems;
- Analytic ability and experience with strategies using various media and current benchmarks for assessment;
- Demonstrated aptitude for developing and implementing cost-effective strategies;
- A strong understanding of, and commitment to, the use of current and emerging technologies, including social media, in the recruitment and admissions processes;
- Proven capacity to plan and implement complex, time-sensitive projects as well as broad strategic initiatives; and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the values of the Sisters of Mercy: compassion, justice, integrity, service, and respect.
For full consideration, candidates should e-mail by November 22, 2013: 1) a cover letter that addresses the opportunities and qualifications listed above; 2) a current résumé or C.V.; and 3) the contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately.
For Further Information, please contact:
JUDITH A. BRISSETTE, Senior Consultant
Telephone: (401) 823-0762
MATTHEW KILCOYNE, Senior Consultant
R.H. PERRY & ASSOCIATES
2607 31st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008
The University of Saint Joseph is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.