The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 10,500 students–approximately half of whom are women. Learning at the University of Rochester is on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 10:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Full/Part Time: TAR
Time as Reported Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Crisis
TO BE DETERMINED
- Respond to mental health crisis in the community.
- Provide clinical leadership in the field.
- Visit patients in a community setting to assess/identify their housing, mental health needs and/or substance abuse issues.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and mental status exams.
- Develop treatment plans in conjunction with patients, service providers, families and law enforcement, etc.
- Develop a clinical/medical record and document patient contacts and progress in record.
- Serve as broker for resources and/or provide bridge crisis therapy/services to address identified needs.
- Link patients to resources and document those resources.
- Arrange and direct case conferences, concerning patient treatment issues when appropriate.
- Provide in-services and consultation regarding mental illness and mobile services.
- Attend monthly RCMCT meetings.
- Respond after hours as needed to crisis in the community.
- Maintain current knowledge of the mental hygiene laws.
- Direct mental hygiene arrests when needed.
- Participate on community boards and committees.
Education/Experience (minimum required); Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field, three years or more experience in a clinical setting, (2 years experience in a crisis setting); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.