The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 10,500 students–approximately half of whom are women. Learning at the University of Rochester is on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 10:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
General responsibilities include but not limited to:
Install and maintain application integration software and layered products on several computer platforms. Troubleshoot problems and provide consultation to clients about configuration and use of these platforms. Communicate to staff planned and implemented changes and status of problem resolution. Be responsive to end-user and IS requests for services. Coordinate with staff, including applications, customer services, the help desk and the data center. Function as the project leader for major application integration implementations by defining the project plan, identifying the required resources, coordinating the tasks of the project team, and the project schedule. Provide technical consulting services within and outside the department. Mentor staff. Serve on hospital teams as an active participant.
Under the general direction of the ISD eRecord Project Director of Reporting, conforming to URMC policies but retaining latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Design, program, test, document and install application integration software. At least 5 years experience in Java programming. Some knowledge in Shell Languages and/or Perl is desirable.
- Troubleshoot network problems related to application integration communication in coordination with network administrator.
- Evaluate interface engine software in multiple operating system environments.
- Consult with departments on interface or application integration decisions. Includes ability to design an interface to suit customer's needs.
- Interact with vendors on behalf of customers.
- Keep abreast of technology by self-study; attending job related seminars, courses or conferences which enhance personal development and strengthen the user service function.
- Coordinate the work of other programmers assigned to projects and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Develop and maintain service level agreements with departments requiring interface engine or application integration support.
- Recommends alternatives to get around obstacles.
- Conducts eRecord interface software operational impact assessments and technical walk-through.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Medical Informatics, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Four to five years of experience related experience required. Seven to 10 years experience supporting interface engines or database software with five years experience in a senior position is preferred.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.