The nation's first university, Penn is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. Situated on a beautiful urban campus, it provides access to a multitude of educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities.
Duties The Director will be a member of Wharton Executive Education's custom client services group responsible for developing business relationships with Fortune 500 global clients in a variety of sectors. The Director designs, develops and delivers executive education engagements for mid- to senior level executives within these organizations, and has the ability to engage in strategic discussions with senior leadership. Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, people skills (relationship building), knowledge of adult learning theory and practices and consultative selling skills are critical to success in the role. Business development or sales experience and/or experience in learning and development in a corporate setting or executive education organization are preferred. Experience with creating customized online solutions would be highly desirable.
Developing key relationships in specific sectors within a global context. The Director will be responsible for working with key clients to assess a corporation's executive development needs and offer a variety of Wharton programs and executive education services to meet those needs. The Director will work collaboratively with clients and Wharton faculty to develop robust solutions, design customized curricula, conduct needs assessments, identify program faculty, create post program opportunities and design programs to enhance the learning experience of participants. To accomplish this, the Director will, through consulting methodology, understand the client's needs and be knowledgeable about the faculty and resources available to Wharton Executive Education and design targeted solutions to accomplish agreed upon client objectives.
Specific tasks include new business development, consultative selling and engagement, relationship building, program design, development, implementation, and evaluation. The Director must have the demonstrated ability and willingness to work with ease across cultures and geographies. Evening and weekend work required. Qualifications A Bacehlor's degree and 7 to 10 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Masters degree preferred. Demonstrated, relevant experience in sales, consulting, learning and organizational development and/or practical experience in designing, facilitating and/or teaching courses for middle and/or senior level executives preferably in the executive education, corporate or consulting sectors.
- Preferred business line experience in health care or corporate learning and organizational development experience.
- Financial acumen.
- Experience in designing customized online solutions is highly desirable.
- Understanding of current and future trends in business and the concerns of senior executives.
- Ability to be innovative in approaches to educational and management problems, including needs assessments, program design and evaluation and use of electronic media.
- Ability to work flexibly within a team environment and supervise project teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives and faculty.
- High energy, enthusiasm, creativity, independence and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and internationally.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, and serve as essential staff in emergencies.
Special Requirements Background Check Required Reference Number: 121233886School Name: Wharton School (07)Org: 00734-Executive Education Job Open Date: 12-14-2012Salary Grade: 029Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial AdministrationEmployment Type: ExemptHours: N/APosition Schedule: Mon-Fri;plus early mornings/late evenings/weekendsMonths: 12