University of North Texas
IT Specialist IV
As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, we collaborate with our internal and external partners to:
* Advance and protect UNT's institutional identity and reputation
* Reinforce and grow UNT's brand in graphics, images and words
* Increase UNT's visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace
* Support UNT's student recruitment, retention and graduation goals
* Strengthen UNT's relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff
The department of University Relations, Communication, and Marketing is currently searching for a web developer. This position is responsible for aligning digital projects that support strategic initiatives, specifically in the areas of recruitment and retention. Delivering professionally designed, robust and user-friendly websites and digital assets are the central function of this position.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Providing the visual aesthetics, code development and support for recruitment web properties
* Coordinating with web content specialists/information architects, marketing specialists and clients to sustain a level of professionalism and competitive edge as compared with our peers.
* Providing end-user support and technical training
* Ensuring web projects adhere to accessibility, usability and industry best practices
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
Three years' experience in web production; Bachelor's degree in art, computing, journalism or related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Extensive knowledge of and ability to code HTML and CSS with a focus on accessibility, usability and cross browser performance
* Experience creating design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content using professional design tools such as Fireworks or Adobe Photoshop
* Experience creating themes for content management systems such as Drupal
* Experience in website development, publishing and maintenance processes
* Ability to produce professional web site designs that are appropriate for the web as a medium
* Ability to use marketing principles to create web sites appropriate for target audiences
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide a resume and a list of three professional references with the online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.