Director, Undergraduate Advising
Office of Advising
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Range 2/ Zone 1
The Director of Undergraduate Advising (UGA) will report to the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Undergraduate Advising and Degree Audit. The Director will be responsible for closely collaborating with the AVP to provide vision and leadership to the Undergraduate Advising unit, which includes all aspects of student-centered undergraduate advising from first-time inquiry to degree attainment. The Director is also responsible for developing and implementing strategic advising campaigns to ensure that UMUC meets or exceeds student enrollment goals, while analyzing and utilizing data to strategically plan for desired outcomes.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide leadership for advising contact center, including all aspects of student recruitment, retention and success.
• Manage a team of assistant directors and one specialist who administer the daily operations of the Undergraduate Advising unit.
• Provide direction to ensure that measures of success, unit service levels and quality assurance standards are met.
• Use data to strategically plan for desired enrollment targets.
• Develop and implement student advising efforts that are competency-based, condition-driven, discipline-specific, and career-focused.
• Develop business processes and relationships with internal customers to provide a world-class experience to students.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: This position requires BA/BS degree and 5 years of successful management experience, preferably within an academic advising and enrollment management capacity in higher education. The chosen candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in a progressively more responsible leadership/management position and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while motivating others. A proven track record of meeting or exceeding enrollment targets is required. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of management and leadership characteristics, and should have managed all aspects of a team in a call center environment. The Director of Undergraduate Advising must have the skills and ability to handle human resource related issues within the unit, providing staff development and serving as the final point of contact for student escalations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A MA/MS degree and experience working with non-traditional students in a culturally diverse environment is preferred. Knowledge of advising, student success initiatives, admissions, enrollment management, and student CRM systems is highly desired.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
UMUC – an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.