The Institutional Research Office at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Director for Assessment. This position will lead assessment activities for the university as well as conduct research on academic programs, course effectiveness and student learning, and support planning efforts for the academic units. The Director will also lead institutional learning outcomes assessment efforts engaging academic leaders in assessment activities and connecting learning outcomes practices with requirements of accreditation agencies. The Director will also support each academic research and evaluation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Develop an institutional plan for assessment in online learning
• Lead institutional assessment for the university, working with faculty, program directors, and deans to implement best practices in assessment planning
• Coordinate professional development workshops related to assessment in online learning
• Lead and direct program level analysis and reporting for the academic units
• Consult with academic units regarding program review
• Develop and disseminate reports to support program evaluation and academic planning projects
• Conduct academic research related to the evaluation of student learning, faculty teaching, course outcomes, and other success measures
• Stay abreast of current academic literature, research, and academic studies which are relevant to the academic mission
• Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in social science or education, or a related discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience higher education with at least two (2) years of experience in academic program evaluation or related areas. A solid understanding of issues in higher education, distance education and online learning is expected.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Doctoral degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in higher education analysis and research. Preferred experience: policy research and reporting; qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; experience with large data sets; experience in conducting literature reviews; excellent communication and writing skills; and experience with writing research publications. A solid understanding of issues in higher education, distance education and online learning is expected.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 22 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Effective April 1, 2013, and going forward, all stateside external hires that apply to and are accepted for a UMUC stateside staff or collegiate faculty position, will be subject to the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background review. This includes, but is not limited to, employment and education verification and criminal records check.
UMUC – an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.