Advisor (Multiple Positions)
Office of Advising
Contingent II, Exempt, Full-Time, Range 1/ Zone1
The Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) Advisor will assist our diverse body of non-traditional students with attaining their educational pursuits and academic goals by consistently providing world-class customer service, support, and guidance. The student populations served may include new and returning students, undergraduate and graduate students, active military personnel, and veterans and family members receiving education benefits from the Veteran’s Administration. The OEM Advisor, through an extensive training program, will learn how to design and implement proactive student recruitment and retention campaigns, and provide complete and accurate information to students on program options, requirements, and course selection. The Assistant Director of the advising unit will be responsible for supervising and overseeing the training, coaching, feedback, and development of the OEM Advisor to ensure that all quality customer service and performance metrics are attained.
Duties may include:
· Advise students via telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face meetings; 80% of interactions with students will occur on the telephone or by e-mail
· Respond to incoming e-mail and telephone calls
· Provide timely follow-up with students
· Accurately document and maintain student information in CRM system
· Conduct proactive outreach to students via telephone and e-mail
· Maintain and provide accurate information on academic progress, program requirements, policies, procedures and dates/deadlines
· Provide comprehensive, timely, and high quality service to all internal and external customers/students
· Ensure individual and unit goals are achieved on a daily basis
· Actively support the registration and retention efforts
· Evening and weekend hours and possibly holidays may be required
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Required education and experience: Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year experience providing quality customer service to customers/students/clients; outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; excellent phone voice, in terms of tone and clarity; exceptional organization and time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; self-motivated, organized, upbeat and outgoing personality with a desire to encourage others to succeed; previous experience with student recruitment and/or outreach a plus; participation in OEM/University events.
Preferred education and experience: Master’s Degree; previous advising/higher education experience; customer relationship management (CRM) systems experience.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSUARE WITH EXPERIENCE
Please visit: http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/ for complete instructions for applying for this position. All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include tuition remission, a minimum of 25 days of leave, as well as a range of insurance options. For detailed information, please visit: http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm.
UMUC – An Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University distributes an annual information report, which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.