University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach Accounting. UMUC is one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM). Working adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC's innovative educational options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and weekends. Currently, more than 42,000 students attend UMUC nationally, and an additional 37,000 students attend UMUC at on site classes in more than 25 countries throughout the world; about 58,000 students are active duty military, veterans, and their families. In 2012, UMUC had over 262,000 online course enrollments.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Teaching graduate level students Accounting, specifically in the following areas:
o Accounting Ethics
o Management Accounting
• Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A terminal degree (i.e. PhD, JD, DBA etc.) in accounting or related field is required from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Prior teaching experience is required
• Professional experience in the accounting field
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Professional Certification is preferred
• Online teaching experience
POSITION AVAILABLE SPRING 2014 & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
Adjunct faculty candidates will be required to provide official transcripts as required during the candidate selection process.
UMUC –an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.