Job Summary The University of Georgia Enterprise Information Technology Services (EITS) is seeking qualified candidates for a Systems Administrator position in the Systems Engineering group. This position will work as part of a close knit team responsible for the system administration of high profile production servers providing central IT services to the campus.
The strongest candidates for this position will have strong
troubleshooting skills, some system administration experience with at least one version of a Unix operating system (Solaris, Linux) in a production environment, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work as a member of a team of dedicated professionals.
- OS and application installation, upgrades and patching.
- Monitoring the availability and performance of services.
- Securing systems and services.
- Performing emergency troubleshooting and problem resolution, including after hours response as part of a team on call 24x7x365.
- Assist in the development of standards and recommendations for critical functions and services such as system configuration and backup & recovery.
- Develop and maintain written documentation to support the maintenance of production quality services.
- Working as part of a team under close supervision. Minimum Qualifications See below and IT Matrix.