Requisition Number: 0901105
Department : 29150000-MD-OPHTHALMOLOGY
Job Type: Full-Time
THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION ARE:
1. WORK WITH CURRENT FACULTY TO PROVIDE A TRAINING ENVIRONMENT FOR RESIDENTS AND MEDICAL STUDENTS
2. CREATE, ENHANCE, AND MAINTAIN A PROMPT PATIENT FRIENDLY, COST EFFECTIVE CLINICAL SERVICE
3. PATIENT CARE IN CORNEAL AND EXTERNAL DISEASE AND REFRACTIVE SURGERY AND GENERAL OPHTHALMOLOGY
4. ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN TEACHING CONFERENCES, LECTURES, GRAND ROUNDS, AND ANY OTHER RELATED MEETINGS
5. UNDERTAKE CLINICS OUTSIDE GAINESVILLE AS REQUIRED
6. WILL PERFORM RESEARCH RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED
This position provides services in the clinics of the Department of Ophthalmology, Shands Hospital and affiliates and the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System.
Requirements include completion of an approved ophthalmic residency program as well as postgraduate fellowship training in cornea and external disease and refractive surgery.
Board certification or eligibility, and eligibility for licensure in Florida are also required.
Experience in refractive surgery is required.
Qualifications, in addition to clinical expertise, include a strong commitment to teaching and resident training and participation in academic activities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidate should submit letter of application stating goals and referencing position #00023211, curriculum vitae, and at least three letters of reference to:
Sonal Tuli, M.D., Director, Corneal Service, Department of Ophthalmology,
Box 100284, JHMHSC University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610-0284.
This position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin on June 29, 2012.
To Apply: 30923