Posting Description: Specific duties of this position may include:
- Provides proactive, efficient and timely counsel to a diverse population of CU Denver students, parents and all others who contact the office.
- Explains policies and procedures to internal and external constituents.
- Disseminates accurate, courteous and timely information.
- Assists fellow staff members with questions and explanations that will extend "cross-training.
- Calculate financial need by applying federal methodology.
- Review and authorize financial aid awards in compliance with regulations from federal, state and institutional policy.
- Independently investigate application materials by reviewing, assessing and auditing financial statements, entitlement letters and other required documents.
- Revise student eligibility based on new findings when necessary.
- Apply rules and regulations and analysis of individual circumstances.
- Resolves problems and explains results.
- Adjusts awards as necessary to reflect student's enrollment status and eligibility.
- Represents the University and the Financial Aid Office at various on and off-campus outreach activities, including student workshops, high school financial aid nights, new student orientation, transfer programs and other related programs.
- Serves as representative for the University to the general public and community organizations to reassure that there are financial aid funds available for education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
- One year of experience (or equivalent) in a financial aid or student services office.
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of general aid policies and procedures (federal and state).
- Ability to implement and provide quality control based on a regulations, policies and procedures from various levels of governmental and other sources.
- Ability to communicate policies, procedures, and information with various departments, agencies, staff, and students and train personnel as relevant.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
Desired Qualifications: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft Campus solutions.
- Two or more years' experience working in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of Federal and State financial aid regulations.
- Experience reading, writing, speaking and communicating in Spanish.
Campus: Anschutz Medical Campus