About The Unit: The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in currently in Singapore. The Singapore campus will move to Hong Kong in 2014) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment.
Chicago Booth is proud to claim:
-an unmatched faculty.
-degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents.
-a global body of nearly 43,000 accomplished alumni.
- strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities.
As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Six of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment.
For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
Unit Job Summary: Programmer Analyst - Indexes: Develop software to support the preparation and distribution of the various Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP) data products and databases. Under supervision, required to analyze existing systems and design, develop, test, and document improvements or new applications using tools chosen by CRSP. Clearly and effectively communicate with customers and/or users on requirements related to area of work. Follow instructions with minimum of clarification and/or misunderstandings. Collaborate and coordinate with all CRSP staff in a team-oriented environment. Function as a role model by maintaining effective working relationships with all members of CRSP through cooperation, coordination, and mutual respect displayed while interfacing on an interdepartmental and multi-disciplinary basis. Current projects include development using C#, Microsoft.NET 3.5 Framework and SQL Server with TFS.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support existing subsystems, applications, and programs, utilizing software tools, languages, shells, and scripts required for the effective support of the assigned subsystems. Determine implications of changes within the context of the assigned subsystems of data, usage, and existing subsystems and update existing documentation as necessary.
- Complete multiple module development projects with assistance from manager, and maintain libraries and internal tools needed to successfully complete maintainable projects. Verify usage and output of developed systems.
- Develop new systems and applications, including development, coding, compiling, debugging, and documentation of new or improved systems and/or applications with assistance/resources from manager. Write modular code that successfully integrates with existing applications. Document projects sufficiently for internal and/or external usage.
- Collaborate with users on system requirements and implementation. Analyze projects and make estimates of personal requirements to execute requests. Coordinate needs analysis, resource allocation, development and testing with end users and project leaders.
Unit Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or another computer related field with at least two years of relevant experience OR a Master's degree in computer science or equivalent with at least one year of relevant experience required.
Unit Experience: Experience developing client/server and distributed applications required.
Experience maintaining and debugging existing applications required.
Experience developing Web based applications preferred.
Experience with Agile development in a collaborative, team-oriented environment preferred.
Experience using C with Ingres database and OpenVMS DCL preferred.
Experience in the securities and/or financial industry and/or additional education in finance preferred.
Unit Job Function Competencies: Demonstrated history of initiative and independent action in a collaborative team-oriented environment required.
Expertise with various databases, scripting tools, and programming packages and support tools required, including demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following (such as ERWin, Redgate, BPWin, MS Office, MS Project, and MS Team Foundation Server).
Programming skills in C# .Net with SQL Server using Visual Studio required.
Knowledgeable in Windows components (WCF, WPF, ADO, etc.) required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Ability to work on a flexible schedule which will include occasional late night and/or weekend hours required.
Familiarity with TCP/IP Networking, data and network security preferred.