Salary: $53,892 - $61,884
Title: Maint A - Painter
Category: Campus Operations and Facilities
Department: Housing Services
The HDRS Operations Department maintains all facilities and services for over 1.5 million square feet. The selected candidate will work with a team of committed, results-oriented staff focused on providing excellent customer service and creating a safe, sustainable & well maintained environment.
UCR's Housing, Dining & Residential Services (HDRS) is one of the campuses largest units, providing housing to about 30% of our students, dining for entire campus in residential and retail facilities, programming and support through a robust residential life program, conferencing and catering services, and child development care to our faculty, staff and students. HDRS employs over 450 career employees and over 800 student employees. HDRS departments include Assignments & Accounts, Business & Financial Services, Capital Programs, Catering Services, Child Development, Conference Services, Dining Services, Information Technologies, Marketing, Operations and Residential Life. HDRS reports to the Division of Student Affairs.
The Painter will perform journey level work in preparing and painting interior and exterior walls, ceiling and floors, woodwork, stucco and masonry. Installing, finishing and patching drywall and stucco walls. Certified to perform lead abatement on interior and exterior metal and woodwork.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #8 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2012-13). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 46th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2012-13) and is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
1. Ability to read, write and perform basic arithmetic calculations; four years of responsible experience in one or more of the trades involving carpentry, locksmithing, masonry, painting, or mechanical maintenance, and achievement of operational level skills; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum of six months experience in a large occupied housing operation.
3. Skilled and safe experience operating all types of paint application machines, powered and non-powered. Such tools may include, but not limited to, sprayers, abrasive blasting, texturing machines, rollers and brushes. Must be experienced and proficient maintaining and repairing related equipment.
4. Skilled at determining proper use and disposal of paints, stains, sealers, primers, varnishes and various finish coatings.
5. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing by computer, phone or radio. Experience with Windows operating systems.
6. Must have knowledge and experience in the safe and proper procedures with the removal/abatment of lead based paints.
7. Must be able to wear a respirator.
8. Skilled use of power tools and hand tools related to maintenance trades such as saws, drills, hammers, drain cleaning/clearing, air compressors, sanders and grinders.
9. Proven ability to read and understand written/verbal instructions in English and reply verbally and in writing.
10. Hired applicant must pass a background check by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and possess a valid California Driver's License. Depending upon job assignment, an annual Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) pull notice may be required if you operate a University vehicle.
1. Licensed/certified to abate/remove lead based paint.