As one of America's finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California's largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
The Web Developer is a valued member of the web development team designing, implementing, testing and documenting web-based software.
Coordinate with vendors and individual departments within UCLA School of Law on identification, analysis and selection of applications based on the recommended Law School technology. Provide and manage maintenance, upgrades, and customization of the client-side portions of web applications. Perform analysis, design, and programming of new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems to meet end-user needs. Develop client-side code, test, and maintain web applications using recommended software development environments, programming languages and programming standards. Prepare user and system documentations to facilitate maintenance, enhancement, and interfacing of the system with other systems and applicable users. Conduct user training and provide assistance in use of available software.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at http://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu. Reference UCLA REQ. # 18506. AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
• At least 1-3 years professional experience in building platform independent applications using Microsoft .NET Framework.
• At least 2 years professional experience in building moderate to complex relational database in Microsoft SQL server, Oracle and/or similar DBMS systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in detailed technical analysis including system documentation and specifications.
• Experience developing web and application schematics including user and data process flows.
• Detailed knowledge of web based application development, including best practices for session handling, transaction processing, and data manipulation.
• Demonstrated writing skills to prepare technical reports, specifications, and technical documentation in a clear and concise format. Ability to proofread with attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
UCLA School of Law
The UCLA School of Law is a nationally recognized three-year graduate school with a student population of approximately 1100. There are now approximately 125 full and part-time faculty, 200 career and part time staff members located in both the Law School and Law Library. The law school enjoys a superior national reputation and is known for a willingness to innovate and experiment. Detailed information concerning UCLA's School of Law may be found at our official website: UCLA School of Law
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.