Position: Part Time Lecturers
The UC Irvine School of Education seeks applicants for temporary, part-time lecturer positions in 2013-2014 to teach course topics listed below. The courses are offered in one or more of three programs: an undergraduate minor in Educational Studies, a Multiple Subject Teacher Credential Program, and a Single Subject Teacher Credential Program. Generally, part-time lecturer positions are offered for one quarter at a time and at varying percentages of time, depending on the number and nature of courses assigned. Some courses are scheduled during the day (one or two days per week); other courses are scheduled for one evening per week. Openings may include but are not limited to the following:
- Introduction to foundations of education and current educational issues
- Arts education in elementary and secondary grades
- Early childhood education
- Child development and its applications in K-12 schools
- Adolescent development and its applications in K-12 schools
- Literacy development and its applications in elementary and secondary grades
- English language development and its applications in elementary and secondary grades
- Cognition and learning and its applications in K-12 schools
- Multicultural education, equity, and diversity in K-12 schools
- Education of special populations (exceptionalities and disabilities) in elementary and secondary grades
- Teaching English internationally
- Teaching and learning math in elementary and secondary grades
- Teaching and learning science in elementary and secondary grades
- College access and equity and the implications for college advising
- Teaching and learning with educational technologies
- Literacy development and educational technology in secondary grades
- Foundations of after-school learning
- Principles and practices of coaching sports in K-12 schools
- Principles and practices of sports and fitness for elementary grades
- Principles and practices for tutoring and teacher aiding
Minimum Qualifications: A master's degree, a record of successful teaching experience at the pre K-12 or university level, and demonstrated expertise in the content of the course to be taught.
Desired Qualifications: a doctoral degree in a field related to the course to be taught.
Salary: Annual full-time salaries will begin at a base rate of $45,975.
Applications for Fall Quarter 2013
Due on or before July 31, 2013
The quarter begins September 23, 2013 and ends December 13, 2013.
Applications for Winter Quarter 2014
Due on or before October 31, 2013
The quarter begins January 2, 2014 and ends March 21, 2014.
Applications for Spring Quarter 2014
Due on or before January 31, 2014
The quarter begins March 26, 2014 and ends June 13, 2014.
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF01988 and must include:
More information about UCI’s School of Education can be found at: www.education.uci.edu.
- Cover letter must state the following: a) the course topic(s) you are applying to teach; b) an explanation of your qualifications to teach the topic(s); and c) your availability to teach during the day or evening.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
Post: 06/25-2013, Close: 01/31-2014