UC Davis is a recognized leader in higher education, offering world-class academic, research and professional opportunities to its students, staff and faculty. The university has two primary locations: the main campus in Davis and its Sacramento campus, which is the home of the UC Davis Health System.
Whether caring for human and animal health, addressing issues in the changing environment, cultivating and protecting food systems, or enriching lives through art and intellectual exploration, the people who teach, learn and work at UC Davis are united in the understanding that cutting-edge innovation and open minds will increase the quality of life for all.
Tied for 1st among research universities as the top producer of U.S. Fulbright Scholars, 2012-13
7th among public universities and 27th among public and private universities ((The Best Colleges' Top 50 Colleges and Universities in America for 2013)
9th among public research universities nationwide and 39th among public and private research universities (U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 “America’s Best Colleges")
1st in the world for teaching and research in agriculture and forestry (QS World University Rankings 2013)
46th overall among the world's universities, 25th for life sciences and 48th in engineering and technology (The World University Rankings 2012-13 by Times Higher Education)
· 1st among national universities in number of faculty papers written in the field of ecology and the environment, agriculture, entomology, food science and nutrition, and plant and animal sciences (ScienceWatch)
· 5th among U.S. universities in the number of international scholars ("Open Doors 2010 Report on International Educational Exchange")
· 10th happiest U.S. college campus (Newsweek College Rankings 2011)
· A top-50 U.S. medical school and hospital (U.S. News & World Report)
- One of 63 North American universities admitted into the prestigious Association of American Universities
- Research funding: $750 million in 2011-12
- Private support: $149.1 million. million in 2012-13
- UC-Davis is among the top two percent of fundraising programs in the United States