Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology products and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide IT services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, web services, classroom and computer lab technology support, and user support, training and outreach.
Enterprise Applications, a directorate within TTS, supports and enhances the efforts of the University in teaching and research. The department is comprised of client facing customer service professionals with experience in application development and support, project management, client/server management, systems administration and web development. Members of the Enterprise Applications department work with staff from each of the schools and central departments to define and develop appropriate technology in support of business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8+ years IS experience.
- At least 5 years of experience implementing and/or 7 years supporting PeopleSoft systems, preferably Campus Solutions
- Expertise and at least 5 years of experience writing SQL and/or SQL stored procedures in a relational database
- Expertise and at least 5 years of experience using PeopleTools to develop customized PeopleSoft solutions, including the use of PeopleCode, Application Engine, and Component Interfaces
- Demonstrated experience with writing technical specifications and design documents that are clear to developers and reflective of business requirements
- Proven expert Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage tasks and build/enhance relationships in a matrixed organization, particularly when working with colleagues across departments (i.e. infrastructure)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with ERP Services counterparts, to understand and interpret their requirements, and to manage clients and client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to lead meetings representing ERP Services within TTS and with external clients
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, set goals and priorities and work effectively under pressure from multiple competing deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience contributing to projects with changing business requirements
- Ability to forecast and identify technology solutions for evolving PeopleSoft related needs
- Experience leading teams
- The finalist for this position must successfully complete all appropriate background checks
- Experience implementing, supporting, or leading teams in implementing PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and/or Portal
- Experience in higher education.
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience managing projects and creating and managing project plans using Microsoft Project
- Experience implementing or supporting workflow-based systems (i.e. e-Procurement), preferably using PeopleSoft
- Experience implementing or supporting web services integration, preferably using PeopleSoft Integration Broker
- Experience with interfacing between PeopleSoft systems (i.e. HRMS and Finance)
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.52 and above
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, version control, and quality assurance and testing practices.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position will include occasional evenings and weekends, and additional work hours beyond the normal schedule.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.