Thiel College in Greenville, PA invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM). The VPEM reports directly to the President of the College and collaborates with members of the President's Cabinet to accomplish strategic priorities. The VPEM oversees the Admissions department which currently includes two associate directors of admissions, three senior admissions counselors, two admissions counselors, one international admissions counselor, a data analyst, a visit coordinator and an administrative assistant.
Key Opportunities and Qualifications
The VPEM joins Thiel College at a dynamic and vibrant time. Faculty, staff, students, alumni, and trustees share a palpable excitement, with fifth-year president, Dr. Troy VanAken, about Thiel’s continuing development as an exemplary student-centered and innovative liberal arts college. The students are engaging, even endearing; the faculty and staff are incredibly dedicated and talented; the alumni see great potential for their alma mater; the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America is pleased and proud of the depth of spiritual life on campus; the town of Greenville is eager to partner with the College; and the Board of Trustees is providing wise governance and impressive financial support. In essence, the VPEM position will provide the right candidate with a rewarding and fulfilling opportunity to make a difference in the life of a noble institution by recruiting students who achieve success on campus and experience a life of meaning and purpose as Thiel alumni.
In addition to the traditional duties and responsibilities of the chief enrollment officer, the VPEM has the exciting opportunity to design and implement an admissions strategy that will increase both enrollment and retention. At Thiel, the admissions function focuses on identifying and attracting students whose academic profile, personal values, and career aspirations align with the College’s mission and vision. To ensure enrollment success, the Thiel College Strategic Plan focuses on four key commitments:
• A Commitment to Academic Excellence and Relevance that combines the best of the liberal arts tradition with career and life skills;
• A Commitment to a Culture of Caring and Confidence that fosters intellectual rigor, creativity, health, wellness and athletic competition, leadership, diversity and social, ethical and spiritual development;
• A Commitment to Enhanced Facilities and Infrastructure that supports academic and co-curricular programs, residence life, and administrative services;
• A Commitment to Superior Delivery of Programs and Services in all areas of College life.
More information about the Thiel College Strategic Plan can be found at: www.thiel.edu/strategic-plan.
The ideal VPEM candidate will have a proven record of success in enrollment with expertise in marketing; print, video and social media promotion; financial aid modeling; and management including hiring, training and inspiring the admissions staff members. In addition, the VPEM will have a collegial management style and an analytical approach to problem solving; outstanding communication skills and willingness to involve members of the extended campus community in recruitment- and enrollment-related activities; a strong commitment to and understanding of the liberal arts and the ability to communicate the unique benefits of a Lutheran institution of higher education. Five or more years of successful experience in leading admissions and enrollment management programs are required as well as a bachelor’s degree, with preference for an advanced degree. The Thiel community welcomes a VPEM who acts with integrity and authenticity, articulates with passion and persuasiveness the distinct mission and vision of the College, and fosters creativity and accountability in the admissions operations.
• A prospectus describing the position, Thiel College, the Greenville community, and the timetable for the search can be found at www.thiel.edu/vpem_search.
• Electronic submission of all application materials is required; materials may be submitted in confidence to Jennifer Clark, Associate Director of Human Resources, at the following secure email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include a letter of application, resume, list of five references, and a concise statement of qualifications.
• Candidates will be evaluated as soon as their application is received. The search will be confidential and references will not be contacted until the applicant is notified. Expected start date is January 1, 2014.
• Nominations and confidential inquiries should be directed to Dr. Peter T. Mitchell, Proactive Transition Management by e-mail email@example.com or phone 843-325-0983.
Thiel College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.