If you are seeking a growing organization where you can use your talents to help others achieve their goals, join Strayer University. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a 90% tuition discount and significant career growth opportunities.
The Associate Online Dean is a student centered academic who is mindful of the impact that faculty have regarding student learning, engagement, and success, continuation and retention in the online classroom. As an expert in a specific academic discipline, the Associate Online Dean is responsible for hiring, managing, evaluating and supporting Strayer University’s full-time and part-time faculty who teach in Public Administration and Health Services Administration online. Primary focus is on ensuring excellent instruction in the online classroom that upholds the highest standards of academic integrity while also working to ensure that faculty are engaged and focused on improving student engagement, continuation, retention and academic success.
The Assistant Dean for Curriculum will be responsible for developing curriculum and course design for assigned disciplines, program review and assessment, and attaining and maintaining accreditation in collaboration with the Associate Dean.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure students are achieving academic outcomes that lead to student success, and lead and manage strategic objectives.
• Work closely with the Associate Dean to outline faculty credentials and work with key stakeholders to provide discipline-specific communications on a regular basis.
• Serve as lead for specialized accreditation activity and ensure that regulatory requirements are met
• Works with key stakeholders to develop quality program, curriculum and recommend course design for assigned disciplines, including but not limited to course guides and instructional materials
• With Associate Dean, develop external relationships with businesses and other institutions to ensure that programs are meeting industry needs and ensuring excellent job prospects for students and graduates
• With Associate Dean, develop internal relationships with key stakeholders to ensure faculty are informed about curricular changes, in compliance with training requirements, and in compliance with Strayer contracts and policies
• Monitors trends in program enrollment to ensure sustained growth, strong persistence, and strong outcomes for new and current programs.
• Provides oversight for the quarterly review of the School’s progress in achieving student learning assessment outcomes for existing programs.
• Completes formative course assessment, program assessment, and implements nationally normed summative assessment where appropriate.
• Provides tools to faculty and student for success in the classroom including creating an innovative classroom environment with instructional material integrated with technology, and works with the Assistant Dean for Faculty and the training department to ensure that the proper training mechanisms for both faculty and students have been established.
• Supports academic integrity and complies with all relevant university policies and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Terminal Degree is required.
• Terminal degree in Education or Public Administration is preferred.
• Experience leading specialized accreditation efforts and/or serving on accrediting committees is preferred
• Experience in curriculum development
Five years of progressively senior experience in at least one of the following areas: curriculum or program development, assessment, accreditation, program/faculty oversight, or instructional design.
• Prior management of indirect reports and project management.
• Prior experience in related disciplines is a plus.
• Experience working in a complex, dynamic organization preferred.
• Demonstrated success in leading and managing curriculum development and program assessment in a fast-paced, dynamic organization, preferably in online education, adult focused education, or other University setting.
• Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage, or participate in cross-functional teams.
• Experience working collaboratively with faculty and instructional design staff on the development of online and on-ground delivery of curricula are required.
• Deep understanding of adult learning, instructional design, and assessment.
• Knowledge of the online teaching and learning environment and Learning Management System(s)
• Knowledge of teaching and learning theories
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented and organized
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information, solve problems, and make sounds decisions
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience with delivering feedback to others in a constructive manner that drives results
• Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong relationship-building skills, and the ability to influence, effectively manage and lead others
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven organization
• Strategic thinker
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to adapt to and embrace continuous change
• Must be able to travel up to 25% of time
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.