Starfish Retention Solutions, Inc. is a growing education technology company based in Arlington, VA supporting over 200 colleges and universities throughout the country. Starfish’s enterprise student retention technology unites the campus in engaging a student in their own success. Starfish brings together academic affairs, student support, and information technology – driving better student outcomes but also requiring change in the working patterns of these organizations. Starfish is seeking a new director to lead a new team to ensure our clients are utilizing Starfish to its fullest potential. We need a hands-on leader equally skilled at impacting a college campus and building their own team.
Title: Director of Campus Relations / Account Management
Reporting: Vice President of Client Success
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop processes and procedures to evaluate the success of clients, save clients in trouble, and promote clients with great student outcomes.
- Create roadmaps for clients on their expanded and enhanced use of Starfish products and services.
- Recruit, hire and train a team of campus relationship managers.
- Enhance our existing client community’s engagement with one another and Starfish.
- Ensure client retention and process client renewals.
- Discover and communicate sales opportunities within our current client base for the uptake of additional products and service offerings.
- Work with the client community to promote new features, products, and best practices.
- Document and partner, through collaboration with Marketing, client success stories.
This is an ideal position for an individual that has a track record of successfully building new processes, analyzing data, and managing/leading a team of professionals. Starfish is a team-oriented organization with no silos, no boundaries, and we are dedicated to the success of our clients, our company and each other.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Versed in the theory and practice of student success.
- Experienced in higher education change management.
- Ability to make convincing recommendations to campus executives.
- Proven ability to hire, train, and motivate new employees.
- Comfortable managing in a high-stress, high-workload situation.
- Comfortable in both commercial and academic environment.
- Prior professional account management or consulting experience desirable.
- Prior experience managing a campus student success or advising center is desirable.
- Proven track record in establishing rapport, gaining and maintaining credibility with customers, especially at an executive level.
Starfish Retention Solutions, Inc. (http://www.starfishsolutions.com) is on a mission to help academic institutions address the significant number of students that do not graduate. Our business-to-business, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions address this problem by identifying which students are at-risk, and then connecting those students to the resources designed to help them be successful.
We are a well-funded company, run by executives from Blackboard, the worldwide leader in e-Learning. You get the best of a startup and a well established company, convenient location in Rosslyn next to Metro, low-priced stock options, the excitement of starting from scratch but proven business model, deep connections with industry leaders, benefits, and a competitive salary.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Starfish Retention Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a drug free work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Starfish participates in E-Verify.