St. Norbert College, a nationally ranked, residential, liberal arts institution with a stable enrollment of 2200 students, invites applications for full-time Research Analyst beginning tentatively June 1, 2014.
St. Norbert College, a thriving Catholic, liberal arts college, rooted in the Norbertine tradition, welcomes applications from members of all faith traditions and backgrounds. The College's mission emphasizes the Norbertine vision of community and includes providing "an educational environment that fosters intellectual, spiritual and personal development." We seek those who can contribute to our Mission (http://www.snc.edu/mission/statement.html) and support our commitment to building a vibrant, diverse community.
St. Norbert College is situated on an attractive, riverside campus in De Pere, WI, a community contiguous with the city of Green Bay. The Green Bay metropolitan area has a population of 250,000, offers abundant opportunities for recreational and cultural endeavors, is served by its own international airport, and is located 200 miles north of Chicago. For additional information, visit the College website (http://www.snc.edu).
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, the Research Analyst supports the efforts of the College related to accreditation, assessment of student learning outcomes, and institutional research.
• Strong and demonstrated skills in data management and in the analysis of small and large datasets. Strong familiarity with SPSS, Microsoft Access, SQL.
• Experience conducting quantitative research in an applied setting (e.g., institutional research, program assessment and evaluation, survey research, market research, etc.).
• Experience working with relational databases, including Banner, and complex report writing (data extraction).
• Knowledge of research design and methodology, including survey design and methods.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), preferably in a social science or STEM field.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of trends in higher education.
• Experience with web programming and developing web-based query tools and dashboards.
• Proficient in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint or related applications.
• Refine research questions, construct datasets (often as a result of merging data from a variety of sources), choose and conduct appropriate statistical analysis of data, summarize research findings, and prepare reports and presentations in support of requests from various units on campus and of accreditation efforts
• Oversee survey and other data collection and research efforts in support of assessment of student learning outcomes; program and personnel evaluation, course and instructor evaluation, and mission-driven and strategic planning initiatives
• Assist faculty and staff with the development and use of appropriate assessment tools
• Support faculty, staff, student, and collaborative scholarly research efforts
• Work with colleagues in the office to develop and maintain the institutional fact book, the office website and newsletter, and appropriate web-based query tools and reports that allow academic and administrative personnel and units to extract or view relevant information from existing datasets
St. Norbert College offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental and life insurance; retirement plan; tuition waiver and paid time-off.
Interested candidates should submit an employment application, detailed letter of interest addressing their fit for the position, resume/curriculum vita and three letters of reference addressed to: Staffing Specialist, Human Resources, St. Norbert College, 100 Grant Street, De Pere, WI 54115. Electronic applications encouraged: send to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an employment application, please go to: http://www.snc.edu/hr/positions/. Click on the URL for this position and an employment application link will appear on the bottom of the page. Review of applications will begin March 10, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
St. Norbert College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.