St. Norbert College has an opening for a Director of Career Services, responsible for the leadership, vision and oversight for the Career Services Office in support of the mission and strategy of the College. Supervision is received from the Senior Director of Counseling and Career Programs. Specific duties include:
• Recruits, hires, supervises, supports and evaluates Career Services staff and provides ongoing professional development training as needed (includes 2 full-time career counselors, 1 administrative support position and approximately 6 students).
• Provides the vision and direction for meeting student and alumni career development needs through the use of individual counseling, technology, assessments, programs and other career exploration resources.
• Manages the departmental budget and oversees office administration.
• Proactively creates and maintains active relationships with faculty and staff, including the development and delivery of specialized programming for academic departments and career-related events and workshops.
• Develops and maintains relationships with employers to support and expand the career development functions of Career Service and to grow internship and job opportunities.
• Manages the continuing development and maintenance of an interactive user-friendly Career Services web site that reflects a comprehensive career development focus.
• Coordinates and oversees all learning outcome development, program assessment, data collection, analysis and reporting in order to evaluate service performance and prepare annual reports.
• Serves on a variety of committees and attends meetings.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include a Master’s degree in College Student Personnel Administration, Counseling, Education or related field; five years of career services related experience; proficiency with Microsoft Office; exceptional communication, organizational, public relations, supervisory, presentation and career counseling skills; expert knowledge of occupational options, employment trends, organizational structures, resources and technology related to career services; and a passion for providing exemplary student services.
St. Norbert College, a thriving Catholic, liberal arts college rooted in the Norbertine tradition, welcomes applications from members of all faith traditions and backgrounds. We seek those who can contribute to our Mission (http://www.snc.edu/mission) and support our commitment to building a vibrant, diverse community. The College offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental and life insurance; retirement plan; tuition waiver and paid time-off benefits.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by Tuesday, March 11, 2014. Submit an application, cover letter, and resume to: Staffing Specialist, Human Resources, St. Norbert College, 100 Grant Street, De Pere, WI 54115 or via e-mail to email@example.com. For an employment application, please go to: http://www.snc.edu/hr/positions/. Click on the link for this position and an employment application will appear on the bottom of the page. You may also request an application by calling (920) 403-3211.
St. Norbert College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.