The Education Program Director and UTeach co-director works with the Arts and Sciences UTeach co director to manage the curriculum, budget, and operations of the SPSUTeach teacher preparation program. He or she also has responsibility for all education and education-related programs not associated with UTeach. The Education Program Director and UTeach co-director reports to the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with over 6,500 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE/ADA/AA Employer University System of Georgia.
1. Oversees assessment and accreditation processes.
2. Maintains compliance with all accrediting policies.
3. Oversees physical and virtual facilities.
4. Develops and manages the program budget.
5. Prepares class schedules.
6. Teach courses in the program.
7. Recruits, supervises, and mentors full and part-time faculty.
8. Oversees the development of curricula and ensure that curricula remain current and comply with accreditation standards.
9. Measures the outcomes of the program’s educational processes to ensure the programs meet their objectives and the requirements of state and federal accrediting bodies.
10. Supervise and evaluate program faculty and staff.
11. Nurture and maintain partnerships with local school districts.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. K-12 teaching experience;
2. Service on state and/or national program/accreditation review team.
3. Familiarity with the UTeach program.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
An doctorate in education, math education, science education, or related field required. A minimum of five years experience required. 15 or more semester credit hours of graduate coursework in mathematics or science.
Administrative experience in an accredited educator preparation program with budget, personnel, and curriculum responsibility.
Successful experience with academic assessment and accreditation. Proven competence in teaching at the undergraduate level. Evidence of scholarly activity and grant writing experience.
Special Instructions for Applicants
The following documents which must be uploaded, are required to complete your application.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts (graduate,etc)
A minimum of three professional references must ALSO be provided (contact information only).
8:00am - 5:00pm
Days of the Week
Monday - Friday