Southeast Arkansas College provides quality education and workforce development to meet the needs of our service area. These educational programs and services include: technical career education, workforce development, university transfer education, general education, adult education, continuing education, and community services.
Students at Southeast Arkansas College will be prepared with the general and technical education needed for successful careers or for transfer to other institutions to pursue baccalaureate degrees. The College believes that general education is an essential component of all one- and two-year programs offered at Southeast Arkansas College. It strives to emphasize the integration of academic and technical education in the experiences provided to its students in order to make both general and technical education more relevant. Specifically, the College strives to instill in its students competence in:
- Oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Mathematical understanding and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of individual differences in people and their interests.
- Critical thinking, independent learning, and lifelong learning skills.
- Effective group interaction.
- Team membership skills.
- Total quality management skills.
- Work habits necessary for the real world of work