Established in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Skoltech integrates strong foundational graduate educational programs and cutting-edge basic and applied research with an ecology of innovation and entrepreneurship to establish a new model for advancing knowledge, developing technology, and creating economic value to improve the Russian Federation and our world.
We encourage applications for positions in and across Skoltech’s five technical focus themes, as well as in cross-cutting areas and in innovation and entrepreneurship. Applications in Skoltech priority areas listed below are of particular interest, but strong candidates in all areas of science and technology related to major themes are encouraged to apply.
- Information Science and Technology (priority areas in software): machine learning and artificial intelligence, systems and networks, big data-related areas, electronic materials and devices,quantum technology, photonics
- Biomedical Science and Technology (priority areas): computational and systems biology, immunology and infectious disease, gene- and nano-medicine, regenerative medicine, neuroscience, translational medicine
- Energy Science and Technology (priority areas): hydrocarbon fuel production and transportation,hydrocarbon processing,electric power systems generation and distribution,electrical energy storage,energy efficient systems,energy and the environment
- Space Science and Technology (priority areas): supporting humans in long term space exploration, design and construction of small satellites, utilization of space data for communications, positioning, and earth system information collection, lunar and planetary engineering and science, safety engineering, propulsion
- Nuclear Science and Technology (priority areas): nuclear energy safety, materials for extreme environments, non-energy applications of nuclear and radiation technologies, human and biological radiation effects
- Cross-cutting Areas: advanced materials (in particular, composite materials), computational and data-intensive science and engineering, human factors engineering
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (including commercialization, product design/development, manufacturing, large scale systems). For additional details, see the separate listing for “Faculty Positions in Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship” at www.skoltech.ru/faculty.
Faculty will lead the development of a new curriculum and innovative research structure, with the opportunity to spend their first year at MIT to develop classroom materials and launch new research collaborations. Teaching and research will be carried out in the English language. Internationally competitive salary and benefits, startup packages, and opportunities for substantial research funding will be provided.
Please visit www.skoltech.ru/faculty for more information and application details.
Applications must be received by December 15, 2013 to be assured of receiving consideration.
Skoltech is committed to diversity and equality, and all are invited to apply without regard for gender, race or national origin.