Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Job Description: The Health, Safety and Environmental Sustainability Manager has the administrative and supervisory responsibility to manage the planning, implementing, monitoring, and improving health, safety, and environmental sustainability on campus.
1. Bachelors or higher degree in environmental management, sustainability or health and safety.
2. Acts in appropriate manner as a representative of Salem State University working effectively in a diverse work environment.
3. Able to work collaboratively with Facilities personnel to review construction drawings for potential health, safety, or environmental sustainability concerns.
4. Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
5. Good communication and presentation skills.
6. Ability to analyze data, evaluate outcomes, and recommend actions.
7. Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
8. Ability to problem solve using creative solutions
9. Ability to work effectively as a team player.
10. Ability to respond to emergency situations related to safety, health, or environmental occurrences.
11. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and information.
12. Massachusetts driver's license
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Five or more years in environmental, safety and/or sustainability management, the major duties of which include facility inspections, incident investigations, hazardous waste management, recycling, training, and website maintenance.
2. Knowledge of life cycle assessments, and other return on investment tools and techniques.
3. In depth knowledge of applicable regulations including but not limited to: OSHA, NFPA, RCRA, DOT and LEED.
4. Good working knowledge of building plans and drawings.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.