Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Job Description: The Associate Dean is the academic and professional leader of the School of Social Work. This position requires an individual who can work collegially with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and external stakeholders; represent the school effectively to the University; interact positively with public and private sectors of the regional and national community; demonstrate a commitment to BSW, MSW and PhD social work education. The Associate Dean is the chief administrative officer of the School of Social Work.
1. Academic credentials and experience suitable to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position. MSW and Doctorate required (D.S.W. or Ph.D). in closely related discipline, with Social Work preferred.
2. Demonstrated administrative and teaching competence.
3. Demonstrated experience in programmatic and fiscal planning and management, preferably within a higher education setting.
4. Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
5. A thorough knowledge of and experience with higher education principals, practices, procedures, with teaching techniques and methods and with CSWE Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
6. Experience with and a commitment to public sector practice and leadership.
7. Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with all elements of the position description.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.