The School of Education is one of three professional schools, including the School of Nursing and the Graham School of Management. The College of Arts and Sciences continues to foster the strong liberal arts tradition at the university.
The vision of the School of Education is to be a community of scholars, lifelong learners, leaders, and reflective professionals, grounded in the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy and dedicated to the pursuit of excellence. The mission of the School of Education is to prepare professionals to enter the field of education with knowledge, competence, dedication to lifelong learning, and commitment to excellence. The graduates of initial and advanced education programs are grounded in liberal arts, including an ethical and spiritual dimension that respects individuality and diversity, and stand ready to provide caring service in varying communities.
The programs of the School of Education of Saint Xavier University are designed to prepare undergraduate and graduate candidates in Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education; Counseling; Curriculum and Instruction; Educational Administration; ESL and Bilingual (TESOL); Educational Technology; iSTEM, Reading; Reading Specialist; Science in Education; Spanish Education; Multicategorical Special Education; and Teaching and Leadership. The School of Education is comprised of 26 full-time faculty.
- The Dean of the School of Education provides overall academic and administrative leadership for the school and reports directly to the Provost.
- As the academic and administrative leader of the school, the Dean’s responsibilities include: maintaining and enhancing the quality of the school; working collaboratively with faculty and staff to continuously improve academic programs; raising funds to support school initiatives; developing and sustaining relationships between the school and the education community as well as other academic units on campus; interacting with alumni; and enhancing the reputation of the school to external constituencies and accreditation agencies.
- Candidates should have significant, active experience with accreditation and should have an earned doctorate in an education field as well as a record of excellence in teaching, scholarship and service commensurate with the rank of full professor.
- Candidates should show a strong commitment to shared governance, collaboration, and diversity; traditional and on-line instruction; academic excellence; and student success.
- Please send a letter of application, vita, and a list of 5 professional references to Ms. Keane, Assistant to the Provost, Saint Xavier University, 3700 W. 103rd Street, Chicago, Illinois 60655. Electronic submissions are accepted at email@example.com. Review of applications will commence immediately.
Visit our website at http://www.sxu.edu
Saint Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity. EOE M/F/D/V