Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
Department: Advanced Studies in Education: Educational Leadership
Location: Azusa Campus (primary location), Online, Regional Centers
This position is an 11-month faculty position in the Educational Leadership program in the Department of Advanced Studies in Education at Azusa Pacific University. This P-12 focused program prepares educators for leadership roles in school and district positions. This person is responsible for teaching, scholarship, and service in the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership, and Preliminary and Professional Administrative Services Credential Programs, as well as supervising clinical practice and fieldwork. The Educational Leadership Programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
- Teach graduate level courses in the Educational Leadership Program, including online courses
- Evaluate students’ learning, including the use of TaskStream and other assessment technologies
- Attend department and university faculty meetings, School of Education required meetings, and department activities
- Conduct research and other scholarship endeavors that advance the profession, disseminating findings in appropriate scholarly venues
- Remain intellectually current, including reading of professional journal publications, textbooks, and additional resources that support course and program content
- Participate in department, school, and university committee work
- Assist with student recruitment, advising, and retention, as appropriate
- Facilitate monthly regional center information meetings for inquiries
- Engage in community service that supports bridges between higher education and P-12 public school communities
Level: Rank subject to qualifications
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (Faculty members are required to sign a “Statement of Faith,” available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe , and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook)
- Earned doctorate in education from an accredited institution
- Possession of valid Clear California Professional Administrative Services Credential or eligible to transfer comparable out-of-state credential
- An established record of successful teaching within higher education, preferably Educational Leadership courses, including online courses and appropriate application of adult learning theory to instruction
- An established, robust research agenda with a successful record or scholarship in the area of P-12 teaching, learning, and/or leadership
- Technology literacy, to include classroom usage and technologies that assist with online course delivery
- An established record of success in serving linguistically and ethnically diverse populations
- Willingness to travel to regional center sites
5+ years experience as a credentialed school leader in a California P-12 public school setting, preferably at the Superintendent, or Assistant Superintendent level. Successful experience in teaching at the collegiate level.
Full-time faculty, 11-month, one-year renewable contract. The normal teaching assignment includes teaching, scholarly activity, service, advising, and campus committee assignments.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
Hire Date: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position duties begin August 2013.
For Faculty jobs please apply directly at https://apufacultyjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.