OSU – Oklahoma City, located in the heart of Oklahoma City, is enjoying one of the largest enrollment increases in the state of Oklahoma! We are looking for a Director of Safety and Security.
Develops, implements and maintains safety and security programs for the campus. Responsible for planning and implementation of campus emergency management. Conducts and coordinates training education classes for employees. Acts as an advisor to departments on all aspects of safety and security issues, compliance and education. Ensures campus compliance with state and federal safety regulations and OSU policies. Provides guidance, supervision and support to the Security Coordinator and the Safety Coordinator positions. Advises on security operations, policies, regulations and practices.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and available funding
* Associates Degree
* Minimum of five years’ experience in safety and security.
* Minimum of 3 to 5 year’s experience in a supervisory capacity.
* Experience with planning and overseeing safety and security training and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work independently
* Strong decision making ability; ability to make sound judgments in the implementation of policy
* Ability to develop and maintain positive public relations
* Excellent communication, persuasion and diplomatic skills; ability to effectively communicate to a diverse group of people at various organizational levels
* Strong computer proficiency
* Ability to interpret technical data; demonstrated ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals.
* Ability to keep informed and keep campus in compliance with federal and state regulations and OSU policy
* Ability to develop, implement and maintain an effective safety program and coordinate all aspects of safety compliance and education, in accordance with a university setting
* Ability to conduct and/or coordinate safety education classes and campus emergency management training
* Bachelor's Degree
For questions about the position please contact 405-945-3206. All applications must be submitted online.
OSU – Oklahoma City is an AA/EEO/E-Verify employer committed to diversity. OSU - Oklahoma City is a TOBACCO-FREE CAMPUS.