The Procurement Services Department at the University of Connecticut is seeking applications for an Administrative Coordinator to provide advanced administrative support for the Procurement Services and Capital Projects & Contract Administration units. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of office management, including directing workflow and supervising the processing of administrative and personnel paperwork with responsibility to identify and follow-up to resolve problems; assemble and interpret data; prepare administrative and informational reports and handle sensitive and confidential correspondence as directed. Additionally, the incumbent will coordinate work between units within department and University; participate in and support weekly operational and staff meetings with Purchasing and CPCA; advise and assist the Director and Operations Manager in resolving budget and other business problems related to the department's operations, programs and services; and assist in preparing and managing approved budgets with responsibility to make decisions related to the appropriateness of requested expenditures.
This position will regularly coordinate communicate with other University offices and/or outside agencies, respond to requests for information, transmit authoritative information, represent the department to other University and external offices and agencies in administrative matters and serve as a resource regarding policies and procedures relating to University and department operations and business practices; handle administrative matters for supervisor(s) and function on behalf of regarding business matters as directed; monitor, review and provide support for personnel and human resource-related functions, including searches, recruitment and other staffing needs; prepare and coordinate reporting requirements per the Director for the Board of Trustees (BOT) and a variety of other committees such as the Construction Management Oversight Committee (CMOC) and the Building, Grounds and Environment (BG&E) Committee; and have responsibility for the maintenance and supervision of complex, automated filing systems and record-keeping activities. Other position duties include but are not limited to: coordinate, monitor and assist with customer support workflows for bid activities, contracting efforts, and executive reporting requirements; coordinate and oversee building and facilities maintenance, safety and security measures; and support special project initiatives or operations such as BioScience CT, Tech Park, etc¿.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. One to three years progressively responsible administrative experience.
3. Administrative, organizational and supervisory ability.
4. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with the department/University staff, the University community and other individuals and groups.
5. Ability to resolve problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
6. Excellent written and communication skills.
7. Computer literacy and proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
1. Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to department/unit to be served such as but not limited to business or public administration, law or accounting.
2. Familiarity and/or knowledge with principles of procurement, compliance, procurement law, knowledge of State of Connecticut procurement statutes and other public procurement in a state or federal environment.
3. Familiarity and working knowledge of SciQuest eProcurement and Kuali Financial Systems.
4. Considerable knowledge of academic institutional program needs including capital projects construction and professional services, research, and educational services and outreach programs.
To view a complete Administrator Coordinator job description visit www.purchasing.uconn.edu .
This is a full time permanent position. Starting salary is in the low 50's.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via the Husky Hire applicant system. Please identify in your cover letter the search number for which position you are applying for, and ensure your application materials demonstrate how you meet the stated minimum qualifications and any of the preferred you may have. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer. Search #2013428