Degree Audit and Compliance Coordinator
John Carroll University
Working under the general direction of the Registrar and Assistant Registrar for Systems, the degree audit coordinator is responsible for supporting the effective use and running of student degree evaluation systems and reports that support academic advising, graduation clearance, degree verification, and academic analytics managed by the enrollment division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in building the degree curriculum rules and managing student/curricular changes and exceptions in the Ellucian Banner module (CAPP degree audit).
• Manage all student exceptions in the CAPP system such as resolving disputed audits, posting substitutions and waivers requests, creating self-design majors, track and document all audit adjustments to curricular rules for double majors and other approved changes.
• Assist in processing and tracking all submitted graduation applications. Collaborate with various campus offices and ensure proper reports and analysis are designed to aid in the determination of graduation eligibility. Communicate decisions or problems as necessary.
• Work with the academic deans of the university in auditing and certifying final graduation evaluations and help coordinate the graduation clearance of students in partnership with academic departments. Manage the conferral and official awarding and updating of degree records in the university administrative system.
• Aid in the coordination of procedures for the posting and articulation of transfer credit for the university.
• Work closely with registrar team to assess impact of faculty proposed curricular changes on all designed reports, specific student impact areas, and the design of the course catalog and schedules in the Ellucian/Banner database.
• Provide support and coverage to other registrar office functions as necessary, including but not limited to: registration processing, enrollment and degree verification, transcript request processes, end of term processing, grade entry, orientation coverage and registration support.
• Provide excellent point-of-service customer service to students, faculty, and administrators.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: A high level of complex, responsible, and confidential duties are performed in developing, processing, and maintaining student records and databases which provide students, faculty, and staff with accurate and timely information related to degree progress, advising, and curricular planning.
• Precise knowledge of office and university policy and procedures; comfort and experience with college credit and curriculum. Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and apply academic policies and procedures.
• Highly proficient use of Banner student software and comfort with systems; must have an ability to understand interconnectedness of systems, policies, and service.
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that all registrar’s office responsibilities are carried out on an appropriate, and sometimes shortened, timetables.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, planning, problem-solving and interpretive skills to analyze situations, define problems, identify concerns, develop and propose solutions.
• Ability to work with variety of constituencies and explain complex rule-based systems with a high degree of service and compassion.
Appreciation of student privacy and understanding of FERPA regulations in dealing with specific student curricular paths and progress to graduation
To apply for this position please visit: https://jcu.hua.mytalentlink.hrdpt.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=468 
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The university is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.