The Department of Career Services at the University of Connecticut is seeking a dynamic professional who is able to provide media and marketing assistance to support the programming and outreach needs of this busy office. The successful individual will coordinate marketing efforts which include, but are not limited to print and website advertisements, email campaigns, social media, video and other forms of outreach. These duties may include managing Department ad campaigns and design students¿ print and web-based advertisements, serving as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn account manager, and serving as a resource to external constituents in regards to Department printing needs. In addition, the person in this position will serve as website content manager working with Department staff and Student Affairs Information Technology to ensure an updated, accurate dynamic website. The person in this position will be called upon to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and creativity in an ever growing and changing culture, as the University of Connecticut is continually expanding and redefining its culture. For a complete job description, desired qualifications, and information regarding the application procedure, visit http://www.studentaffairs.uconn.edu/jobs .
1. Associates degree and two to four years of experience in graphic design or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
2. Knowledge of graphic design necessary to produce publicity materials.
3. Excellent written communication and copy editing skills.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
1. Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, graphic design, or related field; and one to two years related experience.
2. Ability to effectively interact with printers regarding print specifications and document setups.
3. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (version 5 and above).
4. Experience with strategic use and administration of social media platforms specifically related to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
5. Experience with web content management involving content, navigation and user interface design.
This is a full-time 12-month position. Target salary is mid 40's to low 50's, but will be commensurate with experience. Target start date for this position is April 5, 2013.
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references via Husky Hire. Review of applications will begin on February 8, 2013. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer. The University of Connecticut is a diverse environment and the successful applicant will be able to work comfortably within the diversity that is the University community. Search # 20133193