Job ID: 2012-40360
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/3/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry University:
Founded in 1931, DeVry University is one of the largest, private sector universities in North America, with more than 90,000 students enrolled in the United States and Canada. The university’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. With more than 95 locations, DeVry University delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs  onsite and online that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population. Home to five colleges of study, including Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology, DeVry University’s outstanding faculty members, work in the fields that they teach, providing students with real-world experiences that prepare them for high-growth careers.
DeVry University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org . DeVry University, a part of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), is based in Downers Grove, Il. For more information about DeVry University, find us on Twitter @DeVryUniv, Facebook /DEVRYUNIVERSITY or visit newsroom.devry.edu. 
Our mission as DeVry University faculty members is to facilitate dynamic learning environments that foster intellectual curiosity, academic integrity, and critical thinking skills, preparing our students to become lifelong learners and leaders in their chosen career fields and communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective teaching
- Mastery of coursework
- Proficiency in all learning modalities required by the assignment and the expansion of the breadth of courses taught
- Content expertise
- Willingness to develop proficiency in all applicable learning methodologies
- Participation in capstone assessment in their program
- Participation in appropriate industry Advisory Councils
- Student service involvement, e.g. workshops, student clubs, Technology Day, Student Appreciation Week, tutoring
- University Service involvement, e.g. outreach, Department of Enrollment Management events, University Day, Career Services events
- Proactive student advisement
- Participation in all departmental and programmatic activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PHD or DBA in Business Required with Masters in Project Management
- Master’s degree in the field of teaching or
- Master’s degree outside of the field of teaching and 18 credit hours of Master’s coursework in the field of teaching
- Degrees held from regionally accredited institutes
- Three to five years of business, or industry experience appropriate to the course subject matter
- Previous teaching experience
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.