Title: Coordinator, Classroom Technology Support
Coordinates and provides classroom technology, multimedia, hardware, software application, and basic network support to users of campus classroom technology. Takes lead role in development, installation, operation, and ongoing maintenance of audiovisual and instructional equipment and systems infrastructures. Works with campus clients to develop plans, drawings, parts lists, and cost estimates for proposed and approved instructional technology installations. Coordinates work with campus trade areas, vendors, University Architect, and outside contractors for installation, repairs, and maintenance of audiovisual and instructional technology equipment. Participates in development, implementation and coordination of specialized training for faculty and staff. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree and three years experience in and knowledge of current instructional technology, audiovisual equipment, computer hardware, and software OR in lieu of a degree, a combination of relevant experience, education, and certifications in audiovisual technology, technical project planning, computer aided drafting, computer hardware, and/or related software applications.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with design/drafting applications (i.e. AutoCAD, Visio, Revit)
- Must be able to perform physical tasks such as transporting and installing equipment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and ability to establish driver eligibility under the University's Driving and Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Previous experience supporting videoconferencing and multimedia equipment, facilities, and systems.
- Previous experience diagnosing and resolving technical computer problems.
- Experience in technical project planning. Certified in AutoCAD, Visio, Revit.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh hardware and software.
- At least one relevant certification in AV (i.e. Extron, AMX, Creston, Infocomm), videoconferencing (i.e. Cisco, Polycom, Tandberg), or Instructional Technology (Blackboard Learn, Sakai).
- Previous experience in a higher education or public employment setting.
Have you seen what’s happening at CSU lately? Exciting new programs, new buildings, more national recognition and even more focus on helping our students succeed. Come and see why Cleveland State University won a NorthCoast 99 “Best Place to Work,” award for 2010 and 2011 and offers an excellent work/life balance. Here you’ll find the spirit of a growing urban university as well as extraordinary benefits including free undergraduate tuition for yourself and your dependents. We also provide attractive and affordable health plan choices with dental, vision, life insurance and disability coverage. Even some part-time positions are eligible for health coverage as well.
To apply or to obtain more information about working at CSU and all of the benefits we provide, please visit us online at: