The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Full/Part Time: TAR
Time as Reported Grade 005 Center Trans Neuromedicine
With specific direction and supervision, performs routine and non-routine office duties requiring general secretarial or word processing skills and proficiency. May concentrate on secretarial or word processing duties in a particular discipline using specialized and complicated terminology or word processing language, abbreviations and symbols.
- Collects and distributes mail for Center.
- Types draft letters for Center Directors as needed. Occasionally composes and types non-routine correspondence and documents for approval and signature.
- Orders lab supplies for all labs within the Center. Collects packing slips and matches to corresponding order. Enters orders pending and received in internal ordering site to keep lab members updated on the status of their supply orders.
- Orders and maintains inventory for office supplies.
- Organizes and files Center publication, keeps printed publications stocked within Center labs for quick access by all lab members.
- Responsible for filing of Center documents related to ordering, undergraduate training and time sheet filing, and other documents within the Center as needed. Responsible for maintaining organized files for current and expired accounts. Responsible for filing grant documents for grants within the Center that have ended.
- Picks up orders from supply center, drops off and picks up lab coats for cleaning. Performs other related general secretarial and word processing duties.
Completion of high school plus 2 years of post high school education, preferably in secretarial studies or the equivalent. The ability to type from draft or recorded dictation accurately at 55 words per minute. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment. Ability to take dictation and operate word processing equipment desirable, but not required. A combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.