The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Part Time 22.5 hours Grade 007 Emergency SMH
Coordinate functions associated with patient for ambulatory care visits to the Emergency Department. Monitor and ensure that all functions are completed in an accurate, efficient, and patient/customer friendly manner. Facilitate work flow in the department by supporting clinical staff.
- Greet patient, families, visitors, external and internal customers, offering excellent customer service and providing the very best patient experience. Perform duties of Ambulatory Patient Representative II (APR II) as required by departmental needs. Responsible to maintain highest standards related to customer service, accuracy, and efficiency as APR II. Collects and verifies patient demographic and financial information to register patient in the hospital computer system. Initiates the ED medical/financial record; appropriately identifies forms needed for specific ED patient visit. Assemble all ED charts for admissions and discharges. Ensure all paperwork is completed and identified (patient information) and distributed appropriately.
- Coordinate daily efforts to edit and correct registration and billing errors during full registration process. Identify ways to reduce follow-up, repetitive or corrective work. Utilize Flowcast and eRecord programs to facilitate work flow in the department. Manage patient tracking system ensuring correct location of patients within the ED.
- If acting as designated preceptor, provide training to other APR II staff on all aspects of department-specific work including orientation to the department and hospital, registration process, and work flow activities. Attend educational programs for all department at direction of supervisor/manager and teach other staff.
- Ensure that an accurate and complete full registration of the patient is completed prior to the discharge of the patient inclusive of insurance verification. Follow up on hold bills utilizing the hold bill report to facilitate reimbursement for Emergency Department services. Collect co-pays due at time of patient discharge.
- Triage patient calls, assess the urgency of a situation and determine the appropriate action (or appropriate person to talk to), serves as a focal point for handling complaints, communications center, routing all calls as appropriate. Coordinate transportation for discharged or transferred patients as needed.
- Provide support for Departmental activities including monitoring inventory of supplies, supply ordering. Perform other service orientated tasks, escorting patients, offering comfort items to patients/families/visitors in the waiting area, witnessing consent signatures, fax charts as requested, pull charts for QA audits or patient care follow up and manage and stock forms and supplies in forms room and other requests from clinical staff.
High school diploma and 4 years related work experience, preferably in an Emergency Department setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience required. Demonstrated ability to type accurately on office equipment. Demonstrated customer service skills required.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.