Job ID: 2012-40955
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/13/2012
Division: Ross University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: No FLSA
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Education is the primary focus of the faculty. The academic year is divided into three semesters with a new class of students admitted each semester. Lectures and other educational responsibilities continue throughout the year. Effective teachers are sought, particularly individuals who are interested in improving medical education and who work well on a team. Research opportunities exist, primarily in the area of medical education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The preparation of course material (handouts etc.).
- The delivery of effective lectures
- The preparation, administration, marking and reporting of examinations
- Undergo training to qualify as a facilitator in the problem-based learning program
- Supervise educational activities of students under actual or simulated situations
- Prepare instructional plans and career analyses to reflect current changes in the field
- Advise individuals or groups of students in academic matters and exercise professional judgment in referring students to appropriate personnel
- Develop new instructional materials and teaching techniques with participation in on-going reviews and revision of curriculum planning
- Actively participate in relevant professional activities in order to improve teaching and subject matter competence
- Serve on faculty committees as appointed or elected, and confer with advisory groups in order to modify course content
- Prepare, administer and evaluate examinations to assess the development of student accomplishments
- Participate in other activities as assigned by the department chair or executive dean
- Content expertise in Endocrine and Reproductive Physiology.
- Ability to relate physiology to clinical scenarios
- Experience in computer-assisted delivery of course content.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong teaching skills and experience or evidence of potential.
- Interest in medical education
- Desire for self improvement
- Flexibility and ability to work well on a team.
- PhD, MD or MD/PhD degree in physiology
- Enthusiastic teacher with previous teaching experience at a North American or United Kingdom medical school
Ross University offers a competitive potentially tax-free annual salary, relocation assistance to and from the island, a deferred pension or 401k program, tuition assistance benefit, scholarship program for dependents, 100% medical benefits paid for the employee (excludes dental and vision), travel benefits, a living allowance, 25 days of paid annual leave is provided along with opportunities for professional development, which includes a conference and book allowance.
To apply, please visit our website www.rossu.edu;  select Careers and complete our online application process. EOE