The Community College of Rhode Island invites creative, high-energy educational leaders, who are committed to the teaching and learning experience and who welcome an opportunity to help shape the future of New England's largest comprehensive community college, to apply for the position of Vice President for Business Affairs.
Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President has supervisory responsibility for 12 departments and 250 personnel within the division of Business Affairs. The Vice President will serve as the college’s Chief Financial Officer and as a member of the President’s Council. As such, will assume an active and collaborative role in strategic planning, policy development, forecasting, and resource analysis for the college.
The Vice President is responsible for leadership and oversight of the budget development process, budget management, accounting, information technology, human resources, payroll, auxiliary services, physical plant, bursar, capital project development, asset protection, bond fund management, and campus security.
In addition, the Vice President will serve as the college’s fiscal liaison to the Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education, provide counsel to the President and the administrative team regarding local, state, and federal laws, regulations and legislative processes affecting financial affairs, and participate in union bargaining processes.
- Significant and diversified leadership experience in finance, budgeting, financial planning, human resources management and IT systems with at least ten years of progressive management responsibility in a business, educational or non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and relate business affairs strategies and resources to the college’s mission and strategic plan.
- A Master’s Degree in related field or CPA.
- Knowledge and experience with strategic planning and alignment of resources to strategy.
- Knowledge of best practices and continuous improvement processes, including a demonstrated understanding of the needs of a learner-centered organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of constituents, including those inside academia, as well as external stakeholders, community representatives, and political officials.
- Must be a dynamic and positive leader and communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must have a demonstrated, successful track record of implementing creative financial strategies, engaging stakeholders in planning and decision-making, and modeling and maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Experience in managing technology initiatives and knowledge of large enterprise resource planning and management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in written format and in oral presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork, creative problem solving, and utilize a participatory management style.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please go to CCRI's online recruitment site at https://jobs.ccri.edu  and complete the online application. In addition to the application, a cover letter, resume and contact information of three references must be attached at the end of the application. Finalists will be asked to provide official college transcript(s).
Review of applications will begin in February and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by February 28, 2013.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.