Job ID: 2013-41588
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 1/10/2013
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About Chamberlain College of Nursing:
About Chamberlain College of Nursing:
Chamberlain College of Nursing is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, ncahlc.org. HLC is one of the six regional agencies that accredit U.S. colleges and universities at the institutional level. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and the Master of Science in Nursing degree program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202.887.6791). The Associate Degree in Nursing program at the Columbus location is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404.975.5000). Accreditation provides assurance to the public and to prospective students that standards of quality have been met. AC0107.
Chamberlain College of Nursing, 2450 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202 is certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, 101 N. 14th Street, 10th Floor, James Monroe Building, Richmond, VA 23219, 804.225.2600. Chamberlain College of Nursing has provisional approval from the Virginia Board of Nursing, Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, VA 23233-1463, 804.367.4515.
Program availability varies by location. Chamberlain reserves the right to update information as it becomes available. Information is current at the time of publication. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation. Comprehensive consumer information is available at chamberlain.edu/studentconsumerinfo.
The Professional Nursing Tutor will work in the Center for Academic Success (CAS) assisting students with course subject exams, exit exam and NCLEX exam reviews. This position will report to the Manager of the CAS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tutors students in content area as well as in test taking skills in preparation for all exams (course, standardized, exit and NCLEX-RN).
- Assists with assessing the academic needs of the nursing students and developing plans for remediation.
- Interprets test results with students.
- Maintains documentation on student remediation plans, processes and success.
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of exit examinations and the NCLEX-RN as well as currency in knowledge in the field to provide academic support.
- Communicates students’ progress to the Manager.
- Develops reports as required.
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of college programs and accurately communicates academic policies and regulations to students.
- Demonstrates effective behaviors and accountability in meeting the following standards of service excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies: Friendliness and courtesy, professional environment, effective communication, first class service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in Education or Nursing preferred.
- Professional nurse licensure required.
- 1 year experience in an academic environment providing classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support required.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in person.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.