VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1TL13
RESPONSIBLE TO: Asst. Academic Program Director
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Specialist II
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $21,063 - $30,019
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: January 2013
OPENING DATE: January 9, 2013
DEADLINE: Close of business, Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Under the direction of the Dean of Teaching and Learning Excellence, the employee will serve as administrative specialist for the Teaching and Learning Excellence Division and provide support to the Academic Success Center (ASC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides full range of administrative and office support for the Teaching and Learning Excellence Dean and Division.
• Serves as a responsive and accurate initial point of contact for inquiries in person, by phone, and electronically.
• Assists with ASC tutoring services including tutor and student assistance and computer lab troubleshooting and service requests; orders equipment, software, learning materials, and supplies; and maintains an inventory of office and ASC supplies.
• Generates, monitors, and maintains budgets for TLE Dean and the ASC using College and Education Division budget systems. Coordinate logistics for procurement and travel for the TLE Dean.
• Coordinates and assists with Curriculum and Instruction Committee, Program Review Peer Review Committee, DACUM process and other committee meetings in the Teaching and Learning Excellence Division.
• Participates in College functions and serves on committees as assigned and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s Degree or High School diploma and two (2) years of related work experience required. Selected positions may require the ability to type at a corrected rate of 35-55 wpm and/or basic knowledge of computer operations. Bachelor’s Degree with at least two (2) years of related administrative office experience in an educational setting preferred. Position requires some flexibility in work schedule in conjuction with special events and occasional local travel.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov . Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com ), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.